Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Friends (1994)

Creator(s): David Crane and Marta Kauffman
Air Dates: September 22, 1994 - May 6, 2004 (10 years)
Seasons: 10
Episodes: 236
Episode Time: 24 minutes




Friends is a show that most people have probably heard of, whether they liked the show or not. 
I was probably about 10 or 11 years old when I first started watching the show from what I can remember, which was around the year 2000 or 2001. I was more of a casual viewer of the show at the time because back then I was more interested in shows of the animated variety. But, the kids had to surrender the living room TV to the adults and/or older teens so they could watch their prime time shows. Usually, I would stick around and watch if I didn’t have anything else to do. Friends was one of the shows they loved to watch, and I would usually watch with them. I haven’t seen every episode at that time, but I saw enough of it that I began to enjoy it. I remember thinking how funny Joey and Chandler were, how cool Rachel was, or how Phoebe was weird (in a good way), etc.

Years later, I didn’t really think much of it. Then, Netflix added Friends to their service, and I had just recently gotten a part-time job while going to school. So, I signed-up and started binge-watching Friends. I really enjoyed watching this show again, and this time I got to see every episode, from beginning to end. I laughed, I cried, and laughed some more. I got a little sad when I started reaching the end. I kept wishing more episodes would somehow magically appear so I wouldn’t have to end this journey. But, alas, on New Year’s Eve, I ended the year 2015 with one of the greatest sitcoms ever.

I think I appreciate the show more now because I'm now entering their age group (I'll be 26 at the end of the month.), so I can relate to trying to find yourself in life and figuring out who you are. I grew up in the 90s as a kid, so it was also cool seeing the 90s from an adult's perspective. Seeing the fashions, the technology, the lingo, etc and how things were about twenty years ago compared to how they are now. I only imagine what this show would be like if it had come out today.

Soon, I will get my hands on my own box set, so that I can enjoy it again, along with all the extra content that comes with it. 

So, I will close with a video I found of the Top 10 Best Moments.




Friends Complete Series DVD/Blu-Ray Box Set

No comments:

Post a Comment